AIAA Publishes Global Vision on Space Safety, Security, and Sustainability by 2023 ASCEND Diverse Dozen
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 16, 2023 – Reston, Va. – The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) today announced it has published the 2023 ASCEND Diverse Dozen (D12) Op-Eds that address the most important issues surrounding space safety, security, and sustainability. The document is available for download here.
The 2023 ASCEND D12 will deliver a thought leadership presentation of their visions for space during a dedicated session at the upcoming ASCEND event, on Tuesday, 24 October, 1130-1230 hrs PT, Caesars Forum, Las Vegas.
D12 is a partnership between ASCEND and astrodynamicist Moriba Jah, cofounder/chief scientist at Privateer, and associate professor of aerospace engineering and engineering mechanics at the University of Texas. The 2023 ASCEND D12 represent nine countries and include:
- Mustapha Agbadi, Partner, Policy and Legal Compliance, Bismerk Solicitors, United Kingdom
- Sahil Bhatia, Student, University of Bremen, India
- Pablo Carlos Budassi, Designer and CEO, Awe Infographics, Argentina
- Allen Herbert, Space Agrifood Advocate, United Arab Emirates
- Malkia Kelelue, Space Science and Astronomy Officer, Kenya Space Agency, Kenya
- Michelle Lucas, Founder and CEO, Higher Orbits, United States
- Yumna Majeed, Founder, Exploration—Cosmos to Classroom, Pakistan
- Claire Nelson, OASEAS, Space Futures Forum, United States
- Chau Nguyen, Chief Technology Officer, NYSA LLC, United States
- Grecia Olano O’Brien, Consortium for Research and Innovation in Aerospace in Quebec, Canada
- Kristen Price, Chief Counsel/Senior Director—Legal and Compliance, Blue Origin, United States
- Alejandro J. Roman Molinas, General Director of Aerospace Development, Paraguayan Space Agency, Paraguay
Media Contact: Rebecca B. Gray, RebeccaG@AIAA.org, 804-397-5270 cell
Powered by AIAA, ASCEND, which stands for Accelerating Space Commerce, Exploration, and New Discovery, is the world’s premier collaborative, outcomes-driven, interdisciplinary community designed to accelerate the building of our off-world future. For more information, visit ascend.events, or follow ASCEND on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is the world’s largest aerospace technical society. With nearly 30,000 individual members from 91 countries, and 100 corporate members, AIAA brings together industry, academia, and government to advance engineering and science in aviation, space, and defense. For more information, visit www.aiaa.org, or follow AIAA on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.