Press Passes Available for 2023 ASCEND
August 29, 2023 – Reston, Va. – Registration is open for journalists around the world to attend 2023 ASCEND, 23–25 October, Caesars Forum, Las Vegas. A Press Pass for in-person attendance is available for credentialed media by request. A Press Pass provides access to all MACRO, META, MICRO, and SPECIAL sessions, along with nearly 300 technical paper and collaboration.
WHEN: 23–25 October 2023
WHERE: Caesars Forum, Las Vegas
WHAT: Overall theme: “Building a Sustainable Off-World Future Through Collaboration.” Powered by AIAA, 2023 ASCEND will dedicate three days to sharing broad, bold ideas and perspectives as the nexus for addressing the most important opportunities and challenges that come with increased activity in space today. Read more about the three-day program and prominent speakers from across the international, civil, commercial, and national security space sectors. Confirmed speakers include:
- Stavros Anthony, Lieutenant Governor, State of Nevada
- Amy Avjean, Senior Vice President and Third Party Space Liability Leader, Marsh
- A.C. Charania, Chief Technologist, NASA
- Kelvin Coleman, Associate Administrator for Commercial Space Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Kam Ghaffarian, CEO and Founder, IBX, and Executive Chairman, Axiom Space
- Mike Gold, Chief Growth Officer, Redwire
- Peter Gräf, Director for Applications & Science, DLR
- John M. Grunsfeld, Endless Frontier Associates, LLC; former NASA Associate Administrator, Science Mission Directorate, and former NASA astronaut
- Max Haot, CEO, Vast
- The Honorable Steven J. Isakowitz, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Aerospace Corporation
- Janet Kavandi, President and Chief Science Officer, Sierra Space
- Jay Kim, Chairman and CEO, Boryung
- Col. Richard Kniseley, Senior Materiel Leader, Commercial Space Office Lead, U.S. Space Force
- Sandra Magnus, Chief Engineer for the Traffic Coordination System for Space, Office of Space Commerce, Department of Commerce, and former NASA astronaut
- Col. Pamela Melroy, USAF (Ret.), Deputy Administrator, NASA
- Tim Morton, Director, Global Design, Husqvarna
- Daniel Neuenschwander, Director for Human and Robotic Exploration, ESA
- Nelson Pedreiro, Vice President, Advanced Technology Center, Lockheed Martin Space
- Kay Sears, Vice President and General Manager, Space, Intelligence & Weapons Systems, Boeing Defense, Space & Security
- Bill Weber, CEO, Firefly Space
- George T. Whitesides, Partner, Convective Capital, and former CEO, Virgin Galactic
Reporters, editors, writers, news photographers, and online media, who work for a publication, news service, broadcast outlet, or news site that is regularly issued and published primarily for the dissemination of news.
Marketing/advertising, sales, art directors, managers, publishers, analysts, consultants, and other non-editorial professionals of media organizations are NOT eligible for press credentials.
CONTACT: Rebecca Gray, RebeccaG@AIAA.org, 804-397-5270 cell
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is the world’s largest aerospace technical society. With nearly 30,000 individual members from 91 countries, and 100 corporate members, AIAA brings together industry, academia, and government to advance engineering and science in aviation, space, and defense. For more information, visit www.aiaa.org, and follow AIAA on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.