2023 ASCEND to Showcase Axiom Space, Boeing, Boryung, Lockheed Martin, NASA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 21, 2023 – Reston, Va. – The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) today announced dozens of speakers who will appear at its upcoming ASCEND event, 23–25 October, Caesars Forum, Las Vegas. ASCEND is the world’s premier outcomes-focused, interdisciplinary space event designed to accelerate building our off-world future.
Powered by AIAA, ASCEND serves as the catalyst for the global space conversation. Prominent industry leaders from across the civil, commercial, and national security space sectors, adjacent industry representatives, and next-generation thinkers from around the world are scheduled to speak. More details and additional speakers will be announced in the coming weeks. Confirmed speakers include:
- Adnan Al Rais, Program Manager, Mars 2117, Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Center
- Stavros Anthony, Lieutenant Governor, State of Nevada
- Amy Avjean, Senior Vice President and Third Party Space Liability Leader, Marsh
- A.C. Charania, Chief Technologist, NASA
- Brad Cheetham, CEO and President, Advanced Space
- Kelvin Coleman, Associate Administrator for Commercial Space Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Kam Ghaffarian, CEO and Founder, IBX, and Executive Chairman, Axiom Space
- Mike Gold, Chief Growth Officer, Redwire
- Max Haot, CEO, Vast
- Jay Kim, Chairman and CEO, Boryung
- Tim Morton, Director, Global Design, Husqvarna
- Nelson Pedreiro, Vice President, Advanced Technology Center, Lockheed Martin Space
- Kay Sears, Vice President and General Manager, Space, Intelligence & Weapons Systems, Boeing Defense, Space & Security
- Bill Weber, CEO, Firefly Space
- Melodie Yashar, Vice President, Building Design and Performance, ICON
Media Contact: Rebecca Gray, RebeccaG@AIAA.org, 804-397-5270 cell
Powered by AIAA, ASCEND, which stands for Accelerating Space Commerce, Exploration, and New Discovery, is the world’s premier collaborative, outcomes-driven, interdisciplinary community designed to accelerate the building of our off-world future. For more information, visit ascend.events, or follow ASCEND on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is the world’s largest aerospace technical society. With nearly 30,000 individual members from 91 countries, and 100 corporate members, AIAA brings together industry, academia, and government to advance engineering and science in aviation, space, and defense. For more information, visit www.aiaa.org, or follow AIAA on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.