The ASCEND Propel Pitch Session organized by Lockheed Martin is a pitch session-style event where companies, organizations, and independent groups will have the opportunity to submit their ideas for a lunar payload concept, compete for prizes, and receive feedback from a panel comprised of leaders in the space industry. Pitches will be received in the form of 2 minute video submissions that should describe the payload or instrument concept and benefits. They will be judged based on their ability to advance scientific knowledge, demonstrate new technologies, or engage the public. Use of engaging, effective visuals is encouraged.
All submissions must be received through the following portal by 23:59 hrs US Eastern Time on November 12th, 2020.
The top submissions and their teams will be highlighted and the winning submission will be announced Tuesday, November 17th at 16:00 hrs US Eastern Time live at ASCEND 2020.
The winning team will receive the following prizes:
- Virtual registration for the winning team to AIAA ASCEND 2021
- VIP invitation to the Artemis 1 launch viewing
- An exclusive tour of the Lockheed Martin Space facility in Denver, CO
- Space exploration swag bundle
Competition Rules and Prize Disclaimer:
- Submissions shall not include confidential, proprietary, or export controlled information
- Travel costs are not included for the Artemis 1 launch viewing or the LM Space facility tour
- Launch site access is limited to 3 people from the winning team and is pending the facility security approval process
- The Lockheed Martin tour is limited to 8 people from the winning team, will occur at a later date after COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, and is pending the facility security approval process